Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Real Madrid 4 Tottenham 0

Had another fabulous night with the girls :) Siobhan, Alexa, Daryl, Stephanie and I went to watch the Real Madrid versus Tottenham game at an Irish pub called St. Patrick's Museum.  The pub was below street level and had lots of stone work and built-in benches and such...it had a lot of character and I definitely think we will be making another trip there in the foreseeable future.  It was really cool to watch the game in the presence of other Spaniards.  Its hilarious but also inspiring to see how into the game they get.  Picture how intense Americans get during March Madness as a comparison.

After the game Siobhan, Alexa and I went to a little Mexican restaurant near the pub.  I had a delicious chicken burrito.  Not the best Mexican food I have ever had, but not bad at all.  Oh and my family will understand this.....the restaurant was automatically better because it lacked a certain person wearing leather chaps and playing the guitar ;) The only problem I had with the restaurant was that I did not see margaritas on the menu...lame, but I survived.

Absolutely beautiful out again today.  I don't know if its the great weather we have been having or the fact that it has really set in that in just a few short weeks I will be leaving Salamanca to return home, but I am really branching out and filling my social calendar lol.  Siobhan and I spend every minute we can outside of the house, walking the streets, stopping for coffee.....embracing any piece of the Spanish culture that we can find.  It may have taken me 10 weeks to really find my grove here, but I am having the time of my life!

Love,
Tayler


P.S. Siobhan and I have picked our next destination...........Paris, France!

No comments:

Post a Comment