Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Just a general rundown...

Hello all!  Figured since I had some free time I would try to put up a quick post.  Not too too much going on here in Salamanca.  Siobhan and I are still pumping iron in the gym on a weekly basis and of course going to classes although begrudgingly sometimes lol.

After traveling for 3 weekends in a row, it was nice to just be in Salamanca and relax a little.  Siobhan and I did a little shopping on Friday and on Saturday headed to the gym and then spent the rest of the rainy afternoon snuggled in our beds reading.  Btw just finished Her Last Letter by Nancy C. Johnson.....highly recommend it :)  On Sunday the weather was much better and we decided to finally visit the new cathedral in Salamanca, after simply walking past it for 2 months.  We also went to Cafe & Te to grab some coffee and Skype with the family.  I tried the coffee with Bailey's Irish Cream liquor....it was fabulous :)

So far nothing big this week.  Siobhan and I have a coffee date with our friend Sara tomorrow, whom we met on our trip to Granada and Sevilla.  Have not had the chance to talk to her since we returned from the trip, so it will be great to catch up!  We are also planning to do a little more sight-seeing in Salamanca this weekend.  I am hoping to tour the old cathedral and visit the museum of art nouveau and art deco.  In addition we are looking into what else there is to do in the city in terms of live theater performances or concerts, etc.

Still thinking about planning another trip or two before our time abroad is up.  The options are Rome, Paris, and/or a city in Portugal.  I will keep you guys posted as we make arrangements.

Fun Fact for the Day:
Found out that the opening scenes from the American movie Vantage Point was filmed in La Plaza Mayor in Salamanca!

Thats all I have for you all right now.  Hopefully I will have more to share soon!

Love,
Tayler

No comments:

Post a Comment