Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Catching up....

Sorry for the lack of blogging folks.  I cannot believe that I have almost been in Salamanca for 2 weeks! Siobhan and I have adjusted nicely. We have begun to explore more of the city a little and have started to do a better job taking pictures. Classes are still going well, but the homework is beginning to increase.  Speaking of homework, Siobhan and I were not successful in completing our homework assignment for our cine, prensa y television course (aka project get a Spanish boyfriend). However this was not for a lack of trying.  We spoke to two very nice young men who at first glance appeared to be hispanic. Unfortunately upon further conversation we discovered that they were in fact from France. Yeah I know...we felt like idiots and to not make them feel unimportant/hide our disappointment we took their pictures and numbers lol. The funniest part was that we also ran into them a few nights later (they were up on the stage of the bar dancing). Siobhan and I had a VERY good laugh that night.  Back to my classes, I learned the arabic alphabet today in my class el mundo arabe en el mundo hispanico.  Let me tell you...SO hard.  We all attempted to write our names in arabic...and as the arabic alphabet does not have a "y" or an "e" it was a little difficult to spell my name.  My teacher, who I am convinced speaks arabic and knows everything there is to know about the language/culture (well as she is teaching the class I suppose she SHOULD), somehow managed to show me how to write my name. Im still trying to figure it out.  In other news, made a new friend today. Her name is Lizzie and she is from Massachusetts.  She is a freshman and this is her second semester here. Yes your thoughts are correct folks....the very first university that she ever attended was the University of Salamanca in Spain. She has been applying from here to schools in the states for when she returns.  Ballsy! I am very excited about this new friend because not only is she sweet, but she knows a lot of girls that our native to Salamanca.  We exchanged numbers and she said she would invite Siobhan and I out to coffee or something with them so we could make some only Spanish speaking friends. So pumped....this is exactly what we need!

Thats all I have for now...will be updating more frequently promise! For those that are curious..here is a photo of me and my "boyfriend" jajajajajaja (thats hahahaha in Spanish)
Me and Mr. France 
Hasta luego,
Tayler <3

No comments:

Post a Comment