Saturday, February 26, 2011

Well we tried

Another interesting story for you all, I swear these things only happen to us.  So on Thursday night Siobhan and I decided that we wanted to go out.  Alexa had spoken to two of the guys that we met on Monday night (they are from Holland and only here for a week) and we planned to meet in the Plaza Mayor around 11 to get some drinks.  I will give Alexa some credit here, because shockingly she was actually on time lol.  Unfortunately the boys were being lame and napping so we headed to a cute little bar inside of the plaza to get a glass of wine.  We sat for about 45 minutes enjoying our wine and chitchatting and then decided to move onto another place that Alexa had already been to.  As soon as we walked into the bar (which was absolutely adorable I might add, it had a lot of character, but was practically empty this early in the evening) and I made eye contact with an older man at the bar, I knew something was gonna go down.  And of course I was correct.  Not 5 seconds later this man whom I have yet to even speak too appears next to me with 3 extremely dark drinks in his hand.  Obviously having not seen the drinks be made, there is absolutely no way in hell we are going to drink them and we politely decline.  He seems to take our refusal well, returning the drinks to the bartender.  I am watching closely as the bartender then calls over another woman to take the drinks and don't you know she then comes back over to us and tries to give us the drinks.  We politely decline AGAIN and she turns into a bitch.  In English (with attitude and a bitchy face) she says "You know these are free right?" So I very very nicely (note the sarcasm) reply back to her "Yes I understood you the first 3 times you told me in Spanish and I still don't want the drinks."  She had the good sense to stalk off at this point.  I am convinced that all Europeans think that all American girls are socially stupid...well sorry to disappoint.  Because we felt sufficiently awkward at this point we headed out.  The creepy guy that started the whole damn debacle was still outside smoking a cigarette.  We actually happened to run into the boys in the street on our way out, as they had finally decided to wake up and get dressed.  As they wanted to dance, we took them to a place we have been to several times, Camelot.  It is an old church that has been turned into a discoteca.  This was SO not the scene Siobhan, Alexa and I were going for.  We just wanted to relax with a drink.  Therefore as soon as we got there we were already creating an escape plan. Side note, we failed to realize the last few times that we had been there that the clientele was young.  All of the people dancing on the stage (and speakers) were like 16 at most.  We were a little mortified to be honest. This was clearly not the place to be.  Luckily Alexa quickly came up with a fool proof plan.  She walked outside for 10 minutes, came back in, pretended that her roommate had called her because she forgot her keys at home and now needed Alexa to let her in.  Siobhan and I being the good friends, would not let Alexa walk home alone so we had to leave too.  It was brilliant and it totally worked.  Alexa went home (because honestly its totally safe to walk the streets of Salamanca at night alone) and Siobhan and I did the same.  So although the evening was interesting to say the least, at least we tried to go out and have a good time.
The rest of weekend, Siobhan and I have just been enjoying the beautiful weather.  For the second day in a row it has been sunny and at least 60 degrees.  Yesterday we just walked around near the plaza and stopped at one of our favorite spots for chocolate and churros.  Today our parents drove us to this awesome walking trail.  We snapped tons of pics and tried to let our skin soak up as much sun as possible lol.  I am got to Skype for an hour with the family at the lakehouse. Mom, dad, Aunt Linda, Uncle Rich, Aunt Lisa, Gram and Pop, Laura x 2, Mel, Joe, Kim....and little Miley :) It made my day to get to see and catchup with everyone.  Its nice to know I have them at home cheering me on, proud of the big adventure I am taking, and anxiously waiting for my return.  Currently sitting with Siobhan at Cafe & Te drinking chocolate milkshakes! Hahaha definitely going to need to hit the gym a little harder next week.

Love,
Tayler

No comments:

Post a Comment