Wednesday, February 2, 2011

You mean I actually came here to study....

As I mentioned in my previous posts, classes began yesterday.  I am taking 4 classes - lengua española (Spanish language), el mundo árabe en el mundo hispánico (the arabe world in the hispanic world), la mujer en la historia de España (the women in the history of Spain) and Cine, prensa y televisión en España (movies, press and television in Spain).  All of my professors are fantastic and based on the first lectures, I think every class is going to be very interesting.  I am pleasantly surprised with how much I am able to understand in class and I have already forced myself to participate!  So far I don't have too much homework, just a little reading, however I did get one particularly interesting assignment for Monday.  My professor for Cine, prensa y televisión told us that over the weekend our homework is to find a Spanish speaking boyfriend.  We must be able to produce a picture of ourselves with said boyfriend as well as be able to provide his phone number.  If we can accomplish both tasks, we get 10 extra points on our final exam.  Obviously because it is a homework assignment I have to do it ;) Not to panic dad.....it is not necessary to actually date him, but her point was that the best way to learn Spanish is to become friends with the native students here in Salamanca.  Not only is it a very inexpensive way of learning the language, but also a way to ensure that we are constantly using it.

Luckily, I only have 2 classes a day with the exception of Friday..YAHTZEE! Its great to have free time to explore and I definitely plan on doing so.

Hasta luego...and much much love,
Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment